Effective June 1, 2011
Our Commitment to You
Here are our privacy key points:
- Providing information to us is your choice.
- You can end your membership at any time (See our Terms of Service to find out how easy it is).
- You always have the ability to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or touching information in any way, including collecting, storing, disclosing and transferring information within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, features and content, to administer your membership and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
Personally Identifiable Information
- In the course of using the Services, we ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses.
- We also collect the other information that you provide, for example, as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile page (e.g., other information such as your zip code, age, gender and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We use your Non-Identifying Information (in some cases, along with your Personal Information) mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
- We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other AJM Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Services are used.
As you use the Services, whether as a member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “AJM User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site and information you search for on a Site. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you use the Services again, we will recognize and remember you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere through the Services according to the preferences you set in your account. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want other AJM Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications. (See “Email Policies,” below.)
Third Party Social Networking Services
You may have the opportunity to access or interact with the Services via other social networking websites and services (“SNSs”) like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. Consequently, your Personal Information may be shared with those SNSs. In the event that you choose to provide your information directly to a third party SNSs, your information will be governed by the policies of those other SNSs. We don’t exercise control over third party SNSs. These other services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, solicit Personal Information from you and follow different rules regarding the use of the information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
AJM cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of AJM or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
AJM may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
We use your Personal Information to send you weekly updates on various Site information (including new movies or quizzes of the week), a variety of transactional emails (such as when users post comments to your profile page) and the occasional site announcement. Members who agree to the terms and conditions of the AJM Terms of Service Agreement are given the opportunity to opt in to receiving such communications from us in the future. You have full control regarding which of these emails you want to receive. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your account settings by simply clicking “My Account” at the top left side of any page.
Inviting Friends to AJM
- AJM is intended to be a place to share movie ratings, reviews and more with friends. We hope you will like the Services and invite others to join you!
- Inviting friends to AJM is always completely optional. When you choose to invite friends, we will send an email to the addresses you enter indicating that it is a message from you. We will share your name and email address with anyone you invite so that they know you suggested that we send the invitation. If a friend doesn’t respond to the initial invitation after a little while, we will send a single reminder message on your behalf.
- For your convenience, AJM offers the ability to import email addresses from common address books such as Hotmail/Yahoo/Gmail/AOL. If you choose to use this feature, we will access your address book using the login details that you provide. We access your address book only once to retrieve your friends’ information so that you may select whom to invite. We don’t store your login details nor do we use them for any other purpose than to retrieve your contacts. We never send invitations to contacts you don’t explicitly select and your invitations are the only emails we will ever send to your friends unless they separately register to join the Site.
- If you have accidentally selected friends to receive invitations whom you did not intend – please contact us and we can cancel the reminder message.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their profile by simply clicking “My Account” at the top right corner of any page. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (we recommend 13 years old with parent’s supervision, highly recommended 18 years or older). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the links at the bottom of the page. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement or representation of our affiliation with that website. This also doesn’t mean that we endorse that website’s privacy or information security policies or practices. We don’t exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use of the information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The security of your Personal Information, among other things, depends on your protection of your account password. Please don’t disclose your account password to anyone. AJM uses industry standard technology designed to help keep your Personal Information safe. Your information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that AJM transfers Personal Information to the United States and processes it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
If you have any other questions about the security of our Services, please contact us using the links at the bottom of the page.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to AJM. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
AJM Media Group, LLC.