Nov 21, 2016: DVD Blu Ray Releases
KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS
A young boy with a magical gift sets out on a thrilling quest to discover his family’s legacy in LAIKA’s newest film, Kubo and the Two Strings. The latest masterpiece from the animation studio behind the Academy Award®-nominated films Coraline, ParaNorman, and The Boxtrolls comes to Digital HD on November 8, 2016 and Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on November 22, 2016 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Hailed as “an exquisite, beautiful film,” (Scott Mantz, Access Hollywood) Kubo and the Two Strings has captivated audiences of all ages, earning an extraordinary 97% “Certified Fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes, making it one of the best-reviewed films of the year!
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack & Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
- Introduction by Director/Producer Travis Knight: Director/Producer Travis Knight introduces “Kubo’s Journey.”
- Mythological Monsters: The filmmakers and crew discuss the new techniques they used to create the terrifying antagonists. Learn how each monster differed in scale, design, and execution.
- Braving the Elements: A particularly challenging aspect of filming was animating water and rain effects. Discover how LAIKA was able to animate water in the context of a stop-motion film.
- The Redemptive and Healing Power of Music: Learn how traditional and contemporary musical styles were combined by Academy Award®-winning composer Dario Marianelli (Atonement) to infuse the film with such a heartfelt sound.
- Epilogue by Director/Producer Travis Knight: Director/Producer Travis Knight discusses what attracted LAIKA to Kubo and the Two Strings.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack & Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD
- Japanese Inspiration: The LAIKA creative team and the cast discuss the inspirations for the story.
- Corners of the Earth: Filmmakers and crew discuss the challenges of the varied landscapes and locations in Kubo and the Two Strings.
- The Myth of Kubo: Cast and filmmakers discuss the story at the core of Kubo and the Two Strings.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Producer Travis Knight
HELL OR HIGH WATER
Academy Award® winner Jeff Bridges (Best Actor, Crazy Heart, 2009), Chris Pine (Star Trek), and Ben Foster (Lone Survivor) star in the acclaimed action thriller Hell or High Water arriving on Digital HD November 8 and Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital HD), DVD (plus Digital) and On Demand November 22 from Lionsgate and CBS Films. From the writer of Sicario, Hell or High Water is a modern western about two brothers who turn to crime in order to save their family farm from the clutches of the bank. Hailed as one of the year’s best films since it premiered at the Cannes Film Festival,
The Hell or High Water home entertainment release’s special features include three all-new featurettes including “Enemies Forever” which provides an intimate look at the characters of the film; “Visualizing the Heart of America” which tells the story of the film’s setting and how filmmakers utilized real locations to bring the story to life; and “Damaged Heroes” an exploration of the outstanding cast performances. The home entertainment release also includes a Filmmaker Q&A, and exclusive footage from the Hell or High Water premiere.
Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HD Special Features
- Enemies Forever: The Characters of Hell or High Water Featurette
- Visualizing the Heart of America Featurette
- Damaged Heroes: The Performances of Hell or High Water Featurette
- Red Carpet Premiere
- Filmmaker Q&A
“Hands of Stone” follows the life of Roberto Duran (Edgar Ramirez), the Panamanian fighter who made his professional debut in 1968 as a 16 year‐old and retired in 2002 at the age of 50. In June 1980, he defeated Sugar Ray Leonard (Usher Raymond) to capture the WBC welterweight title, but shocked the boxing world by returning to his corner in their November rematch, famously saying the words “no mas” (no more.)